Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Part Two

Christmas morning I woke up bright and early at 5:30 and felt like a little girl again when I used to sneak downstairs to see what Santa brought me and then go back to bed until mom and dad said I could get up.  Now I am the mom and Carly was the early riser.  She was up at 6:00 and while I tried to keep her busy in our bedroom until Katie got up it just wasn't happening.  So I got the video camera ready while Jeff went in to wake up Sweets.  I was all excited expecting this big reaction from the girl who continually asked Santa for a doll house but all I got was "look Carly, a doll house".  Then they both went to work exploring the rooms and of course miss attention to detail noticed right away that the house was missing the elevator.  Since that was the missing piece I explained that Santa must have forgotten it and Hermy, the elf would fix it and send it to us in the mail.  So, as of today we are still waiting for the elevator and Katie hasn't forgotten.  Just this morning she asked me if Hermy was finished with the elevator. 



After our traditional morning breakfast we had a great time opening presents.  Both girls completely got into it and wanted to play with everything they opened.  We love Carly's hats!  She got one from grandma and papa and then another one from Granny Nats (my grandma).  They are so cute and she loves them!



Jeff smoked a delicious prime rib and of course we ate too much but enjoyed every bite.  It was a wonderful day with our little family and all of the excitement wore the girls out.  They were in bed and asleep by 7:30.   Jeff and I soon followed since we were both exhausted from the previous two nights.  

We hope all of our family and friends had a merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  We love all of you and wish we could all live closer.  

Here is to a fabulous 2012!!!!!

1 comment:

eLiZaBeTh said...

Please post pictures of the doll house...I want to see it up close! I bet they love it & they will for a long time. What a great gift from Santa!!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/