Sunday, May 23, 2010

Garner Updates

We have been busy around here getting ready for Carly's big arrival which will hopefully not be for 3-4 more weeks. Although we had a little scare earlier this week when I started having cramps. They didn't really feel like contractions but after them going on for 4 hours I decided to call my doctor. He told us to come into Labor and Delivery at the hospital so I could get things checked out. Luckily after being hooked up to a monitor for about and hour and getting an exam, everything was fine with baby girl. He told me to take it easy for the next week or so until I get to 36 weeks because after that they wouldn't stop my labor if it started. I am already 1 cm dilated but he said that I could stay that way for weeks. Needless to say I have been very anxious this week and worried about Carly coming too early, but luckily there haven't been any repeats of Monday's symptoms. We go back to our doctor on Thursday and are hoping that Carly stays put and continues to get bigger and stronger until she is closer to her due date of June 24.

Around the house we are making progress on our To Do list and I am happy to report the deck is mostly finished. I still don't have a good before and after photo but I do have a nice one that was taken in the evening. We love our new outdoor space and are looking forward to spending lots of summer days and nights out there.

This week Jeff is on vacation so we are hoping to get the rest of the list accomplished. Tomorrow we are going to get our flowers and get them planted as well as do some major serious spring cleaning. And no worries...I will take it easy and not over do it.

And because no post is complete without some pictures of Katie Louise, here she is playing with her new tunnel.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Oh your deck looks divine! I sure hope Carly stays put for a few more weeks. Yikes!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/