Monday, January 18, 2010

A Couple Things

** Afternooon Update: We didn't get the car. First we discovered that it was one of Consumer Reports used cars to avoid. And second it sold this morning so even if we did go and get it this evening it wouldn't have been there. I have to admit I was disappointed but thats how car buying goes. We are going to continue our search tonight. **

This past week Katie and I completed another major milestone that I think was a little harder for me than for her. After almost 10 months of exclusively breastfeeding and 12 months of part time breastfeeding (when I got pregnant I couldn't keep my supply up enough), Katie is no longer receiving any mommy's milk and is almost completely on whole milk. Not sure why this was such an emotional thing for me but I am sure it is once again due to hormones and not having that physical connection that we shared for almost a year. I only planned on breastfeeding for a year and I am so relieved it went as well as it did. Of course it took us a month or so to both get the hang of it but I wouldn't have had it any other way. And while I was sad to be done breastfeeding, I have to admit it was very nice to not have to pump at work and not have to wear those incredibly uncomfortable and unflattering nursing bras any more. So once again my little baby is growing up and is now drinking regular milk from a sippy cup. Ahhhh, I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not cry. :)

And on to my second piece of exciting news. By the end of the day today, hopefully Jeff and I will be the proud new owners of a 2007 Volkswagon Pasat Wagon. We have been thinking about buying a new vehicle for the past few months and after we realized we couldn't afford the Ford Flex we started looking around for something used but with low mileage, high safety ratings, and lots of cargo space. Because I am still working part time and have a 60 mile commute twice a week we still wanted something that got good gas mileage and this is what we have found.

I am so excited to have a bigger vehicle and I know it will be much nicer when we have two car seats in the back seat plus a stroller plus things like groceries. So hopefully everything will go well this evening and we will come home in our new car!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...i have a friend that has a passat wagon and they love it. I hope you come home with that car.

Also...I love the new layout...or maybe you've had it for a while.

Janelle said...

Congrats on the car! I remember how emotional I felt when I stopped breastfeeding as well. It is definitely a special thing that only mommies get to do.

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/