Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Favorite Things

Now that Katie is almost 10 months old and all of the baby "necessities" are out of the family room I started thinking about my favorite, couldn't have lived without, baby stuff. There are lots but I am going to share my top three and one that I never should have bought.

#1 - Bathtub.

This little thing has been wonderful from the moment we gave Lil Miss her first bath. She loved it then and still does today. When she was little we used the net that was like a baby hammock (which isn't in the picture). It worked perfectly. Now, she can sit in the big girl bath tub but we prefer to keep using it because it keeps her a little more contained which is important since she constantly wants to climb around in the tub.

#2 Tiny Love Play Mat
We only used this until she was about 6 months old but it was well worth it for those few months. Katie loved looking at all of the toys but the mirror was her absolute favorite. It was also great because it gave mommy a few minutes of time to myself where I didn't feel like I had to be constantly entertaining her. And in the beginning a new mommy definitely needs some me time.

#3 BuggyBagg Shopping Cart Cover

I love this and couldn't live without it! Yes, I admit, I am a little bit of a germ freak and am the girl that always wipes down the handles of the grocery cart before touching them. Therefore, this product was a lifesaver because now I don't have to worry about putting my precious little baby in a cart where hundreds of other babies have been. Plus, it makes shopping so much easier now that I can actually put groceries in my cart instead of trying to carefully arrange them around the infant seat carrier. It even comes with a little pillow to help support them if they aren't completely sitting up on their own. And it has little hooks to attach toys to so they don't get thrown onto the dirty floor. I think this is a must have for every mommy out there and they come in a lot of different colors. I got a black and white one but couldn't find a picture of it.

And now the thing I wasted money on and could never really use....the Hotsling. Remember this picture....poor Katie was so scrunched up in there and I never could really figure it out so both of us could be comfortable.


1 comment:

shannon said...

Thanks Andrea! This post was really helpful!!!! :) You will have to let me know what else you found helpful and a great purchase!!!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/