Monday, August 3, 2009

Good Friends

This was a mellow weekend for u with just some barbecuing on Saturday and catching up with some good friends on Sunday. Pretty much every weekend Jeff is grilling something and this time he smoked a Pork Shoulder for about 12 hours. It was delicious and gave us at least three meals worth so that means less cooking for me!

Sunday, my friends Janice and Linda came over to visit. I met them when I walked in the Breast Cancer 3 Day three years ago and they have been wonderful, supportive friends to me ever since. In many ways they are like a mom to me and now that I am a mom they are always there to reassure me and answer my many questions. Our visit included lots of play time with Katie, lots of talking and catching up on summer happenings, and of course eating. I made blueberry stuffed french toast and you can find the recipe here: Blueberry French Toast. It was a really nice visit and I am looking forward to doing it again. Thanks ladies!

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/