Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekend Happenings

Katie Louise is so much fun right now as she is beginning to get more mobile, loves eating solid foods (pears, carrots, and sweet potatoes are some of her favorites), talks all of the time, laughs when you tickle or surprise her, and overall just brings Jeff and I so much joy. This past Sunday afternoon she was rolling all over the floor and I noticed that there was still a lot of Ozzy dog hair on the carpet even though I had just vacuumed. We have been putting blankets down but she was just scooting right off of them so I decided to put a big sheet down and Katie loved it. All three of us spent about an hour just playing on the floor and it was so much fun. Katie isn't crawling yet but she does this thing where she arches her back, puts her weight on her head and pushes with her feet to move around. It doesn't look very comfortable but it works for her. Now that she is moving more I decided that we need to get this house a little more babyproofed so that is on our agenda in the next few weeks. I also want to get a new vacuum that actually picks up dog hair. I have done plenty of online research and I even have an online subscription to Consumer Reports but yet I still struggle with making decisions on which one to buy. So, I thought I would ask all of you....anyone suggestions on the best vacuum for pet hair pickup?

In other weekend news, Jeff participated in his first barbecue competition. It was very interesting and he enjoyed talking to the other competitors and seeing how it all works. He was up very early on Sunday morning (3:00) because he was responsible for getting the smoker started by 4:00. Unfortunately his team didn't win but that's ok because it was still fun and gave Jeff and I ideas for what we want to do in the future. Yes, I said "we"...I enjoyed it too. I think our team name will be "Smoky G's BBQ" and we may even be in one next summer.

Not much else happening here on the home front. We are having a very hot, dry summer here in Bellingham and I can't believe I am saying this but I am actually getting tired of the sunshine. Things are drying out and it reminds me of those harsh Denver summers where your house gets up into the 80's because nobody has AC. Katie and I go for walks early in the morning because that is the only cool time of the day. Luckily, like Denver it cools off nicely in the evenings. And speaking of Denver...Katie and I will be coming home for a quick visit in September for my dear friend, Elizabeth's wedding. I am excited but I am also very nervous about flying by myself with my little wiggle worm. She doesn't sit still at all so a three hour plane ride will be very interesting. Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment!





3 comments:

Me Too said...

We have a Shark Vacuum we picked up at BB&Beyond for around $100 - we have both hardwood & carpet and it works great on both. Real light, real handy. And we have a dog that sheds EVERYWHERE. Now if only I could remember to actually use it more often . . . . .

Katie said...

I have to say a Dyson works for me with animal hair---and with 4 cats and a dog, picking up all the hair in our house is a hefty task. Dysons are a bit pricey but worth the money, I think. What are your Denver dates?

eLiZaBeTh said...

YEA!!!! I can't wait! Send me sharon's info so that I can take that stuff to her house in the next few weeks! Don't worry about the plane ride, you will do just fine!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/