Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bad Blogger

I am a little behind on posting anything and I don't even have a good excuse. This past weekend was a quiet one which was exactly what we needed. We took Katie to her first baseball game which was fun. Our friends son was playing in a tournament and the weather was perfect. Katie slept for some of it, ate for most of it, but did watch a little at the end. She really likes being outside so I think that is what she enjoyed most of all. Jeff got a new smoker and had fun making ribs on Saturday night. They were delicious and I can't wait to try his next creation. He has really gotten into barbecuing lately and everything he has made has turned out fabulously.

Sunday was a lazy day for Jeff and Katie but I actually got motivated and went to the gym. It felt so great to work out and I am really going to try and do something at least 4-5 times a week. It won't be like my old routine of going to the gym 5 days a week but I want to be as active as I can while also being a mommy. Luckily in the fall Jeff's work schedule will slow down and he will get home earlier which will allow me to get to the gym and then when Katie is a year old I can finally take her to the child care at the gym so I can go anytime of day then.

Katie has also finally blessed us with good sleep. We kind of "Ferberized" her but I also have been reading another book called "The Baby Whisperer" which has also helped us get a good routine going. Therefore, I am happy to report Katie has slept the entire night (from 8-6) for three nights this week and two in a row. She is also taking longer naps with a little help going back to sleep after she wakes from her initial 40 minute cycle. She is no longer swaddled, not using a pacifier, and not eating during the night....I am a very happy mommy.

1 comment:

Janice Butler said...

Bad blogger, but good mommie.

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/