Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dad's Day Weekend

Katie and Jeff celebrated their first Father's Day with a simple day at home which was exactly what Jeff wanted. Since Jeff's job is so physical he really likes to have at least one lazy day at home and thats what he got today. Jeff also got to use his new smoker (his Fathers Day present) yesterday when we had a few friends over. My husband loves to barbecue and now he is really getting into smoking. Last weekend he made ribs and last night we had smoked beer can chicken. He loves experimenting with different sauces, marinades, and rubs and everything he makes always turns out so good. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the chef at work, but I did get some other cute ones of daddy and his little girl.



Grandpa and Katie also enjoyed some quiet time together. It was so cute when they both fell asleep rocking in the chair. It was just adorable.

Lil Miss was SO tired after the barbecue because she is getting to the age now when she knows there are people over and doesn't want to miss anything. Therefore, naps were just not on her agenda yesterday so by the time bedtime she was exhausted. Aren't sleeping babies just so precious!

Katie also got her first taste of rice cereal today and loved it. I wasn't in any hurry to start solids but now that she is sitting up and is very interested in my food I figured we would give it a try. She did great and after just a few spoon fulls was trying to reach for the spoon. Here she is sitting in her high chair for the first time....


Getting her first bit of the good stuff...


Not sure what to think at first but then.....


She realize this is some good stuff! It was fun to see he move her tongue around and try to figure out how to swallow and eat from a spoon. I think she really liked it....

And my latest favorite picture....I just love those blue eyes.

1 comment:

eLiZaBeTh said...

PRECIOUS!!! I love her big blue eyes...what a little sweetheart. You are giving me baby fever! lol I love you!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/