Friday, July 25, 2008

Toby Concert



Jeff and I went to see Toby Keith this past weekend and while we enjoyed the actual concert, all of the venue rules were very frustrating. It started off by me not being able to take my water bottle (which was empty) into the concert. Ok, so I was annoyed at this point but I could get over that. Then we get up into the grass and discover that for some crazy reason they decided to water the lawn before the show so the ground was all wet. Luckily we had a blanket and stadium chairs to sit on. Jeff then goes to get a beer and me a bottle of water and 30 minutes later I get a call from him saying his beer was $8 and he has to drink it in the beer garden and then he has to wait in line again to get his money back for my water because they won't let him leave with it. So crazy! Finally he gets me a $4 bottle of water but they take the lid so you have to pretty much drink it right away or take a chance of watering the grass even more. Eventually he gets back to our seats and we get to relax a little before the show begins



Then the music begins and we realize we are sitting next to some very drunk people as well as some loud, obnoxious children. And us, as parents to be are thinking, our kids will never behave like that! Finally about halfway through the show we couldn't take it anymore and moved up the hill. So, there you go....that was our Toby concert for the year. It wasn't perfect but we made the best out of it and still had a good time. We still love Toby and were thinking throughout the concert that country music is great because there is no other music genre where people young and old can enjoy it together. I am sure Little G will be a country fan since he won't hear much else. Here are a few more pictures from the night.

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/