I don't think I have looked forward to a vacation as much as this one coming up. Jeff and I are off to Montana on Friday and I am so excited! It has been over a year since I have been to visit my aunt and uncle in Billings and that is just too long for me. I have always been very close to them especially since I lost mom and this trip will be extra special because Jeff has never been there and hasn't had a chance to really get to know my family. So we don't have much planned which is the perfect kind of vacation. We will be doing a lot of relaxing, eating, socializing, and probably more eating. My uncle is an amazing chef and now that I enjoy cooking too we will be eating very well. It will be fun to get some girl time with my aunt and grandma and talk about mommy to be stuff. I also can't wait to hear stories about my mom when I was first born because that is something I really miss....not being able to to talk to my mom about her first time mommy experiences. I have so many questions and will just have to rely on my instincts, great friends, telephone calls to Grandma Nats, and the new book I found, "I am a Mom, Now What?".
So, now that I am almost half way through my pregnancy and things have been going so well, I am starting to think more about the newborn time instead of the actual pregnancy. I am of course still taking care of myself, exercising 5 days a week, eating well (mostly), and trying not to stress or worry about being a mom. I am pretty sure I will be a good mom but since this is something I have never done before, it is hard not to question my abilities. One thing I do know is that Jeff is going to be a great dad. He is so loving and patient and I can't wait to see the first time he holds his little one. We are both getting very excited to meet our little son or daughter!
The Last Hundred Yards
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment