Wednesday, July 30, 2008

17 Weeks and Vacation Time

I don't think I have looked forward to a vacation as much as this one coming up. Jeff and I are off to Montana on Friday and I am so excited! It has been over a year since I have been to visit my aunt and uncle in Billings and that is just too long for me. I have always been very close to them especially since I lost mom and this trip will be extra special because Jeff has never been there and hasn't had a chance to really get to know my family. So we don't have much planned which is the perfect kind of vacation. We will be doing a lot of relaxing, eating, socializing, and probably more eating. My uncle is an amazing chef and now that I enjoy cooking too we will be eating very well. It will be fun to get some girl time with my aunt and grandma and talk about mommy to be stuff. I also can't wait to hear stories about my mom when I was first born because that is something I really miss....not being able to to talk to my mom about her first time mommy experiences. I have so many questions and will just have to rely on my instincts, great friends, telephone calls to Grandma Nats, and the new book I found, "I am a Mom, Now What?".

So, now that I am almost half way through my pregnancy and things have been going so well, I am starting to think more about the newborn time instead of the actual pregnancy. I am of course still taking care of myself, exercising 5 days a week, eating well (mostly), and trying not to stress or worry about being a mom. I am pretty sure I will be a good mom but since this is something I have never done before, it is hard not to question my abilities. One thing I do know is that Jeff is going to be a great dad. He is so loving and patient and I can't wait to see the first time he holds his little one. We are both getting very excited to meet our little son or daughter!

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/