Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Packing and Moving

It's been a little while since I last wrote which means I already missed my goal of writing at least once a week but there have been a lot of things on my mind this past week.  The next few weeks are going to be very busy as we close on the house, pack up our apartment, and move into our first home!  We are getting very excited to have this whole process complete and just be moved in and living there.

Jeff and his dad have been working a lot on the back yard and will continue with that this coming weekend.  They are tearing out the fence between the two houses so we have one nice big yard for Ozzy.  Last weekend I stopped by to check on the hard men at work and found the guys ankle deep in dirt.  Now, being a Colorado girl I remember my parents putting up fence posts and having to dig through very red, clay like dirt, but not here.  The dirt in our backyard was very dark, very spreadable, and it just looked like it was filled with nutrients.  Now I understand one more reason why things grow so well here.  Ozzy also had fun playing with the potatoes that were found in the dirt and the sticks he stole from the burn pile.  He really is a simple dog!

So, this weekend will be more yard work, more packing, and some moving.   I will post pictures too because the pink should be gone!

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/