Monday, February 20, 2012

Mommy Love

We were having a very relaxing weekend until Saturday night at 10:30 when I awoke to Katie crying.  I rush into her room to discover that she had thrown up all over herself and her bed.   I immediately went into mommy mode and ignored the smell and the mess and focused on soothing the tears.  It is times like that when I truly believe that mommy's are hard wired to to take care of their babies no matter what the situation is.   I normally don't do well with the sight of others blood, let alone the smell of vomit, but for whatever reason when it is your own child those things just don't matter.   We did our first or what would be many clean ups of the night and got Katie settled back into her bed.  Just as I was about to fall back asleep I hear her crying and the process repeated itself.  This continued for 3 hours until 1:30 when she finally fell asleep for the rest of the night.  Thankfully I kept all of the blankets I was contemplating giving away because we sure went through them that night.  We also had a meltdown when we ran out of Lovies.  The little cuddly that Katie sleeps with was puked on so luckily Carly gave up her lovey for big sister (she didn't even wake up when I pulled it out from under her).  But when that lovey got dirty I wasn't sure what to do.  Luckily I remembered a very special baby blanket my friend Beth made for Carly when she was born.  It is made of similar fabric and Katie thankfully accepted the substitute.  Yesterday she woke up feeling better and so far, keep your fingers crossed, no one else in the family has gotten the bug.



The rest of my weekend involved grocery shopping, laundry (a sick little girl sure makes for a very busy washing machine), and Jazzercise, my new favorite workout.   I joined about a month ago and love it.  It is definitely not like my mom's aerobics class that I have memories of attending as a child.  If anyone wants to change up their routine and have a fun workout with great instructors and music I suggest giving it a try.  I love it!

Last but not least I have to share a few pictures from Katie's first of many daddy date days that happened last weekend.  They went to see Beauty and Beast in 3D and get milk shakes after.  She was so excited that day she could hardly take a nap. 




She did great during the movie and had so much fun.  She is still talking about it and is already asking to go see The Lion King.  Of course she doesn't understand that movies at the theater are not "on demand" like at home.  


Happy Monday everyone.  Have a great week!

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/