Saturday, February 11, 2012

Catching Up

 I realized this morning as I sat at the kitchen table drinking my coffee that I hadn't posted anything since January and now it is almost the middle of February.  Needless to say I have some catching up to do.  About three weeks ago I decided to make a trip to Billings, Montana to attend my cousin, Kyler's Commission ceremony.  My grandma also has Alzheimer's and is declining very quickly so I wanted to get out and see her again as well.   

Reading her new favorite book on the plane
My cousin from Mexico was also going to be there and we hadn't seen each other in a long time.  She is the closest thing to a sister and when I spent 6 months living with her in Cancun we became very close. 



While I knew Jeff could handle both girls, I thought I would take it easy on him and only leave him with one.  And although I had to buy a ticket for Katie and Carly would have been free, I knew that traveling with a 3 year old would be a lot easier than with a 19 month old.  So I quickly made logistical arrangements and everything fell into place.  Katie and I left early on Thursday morning and returned late Monday night.  It was a wonderful trip and I am so glad I went.  Now if only we all didn't all live so far apart. 

Three generations of Schmitz girls, wish it was 4 (miss you mom)
Breakfast with grandma....grape juice (watered down of course) and Kt's first doughnut

Being so patient and well behaved during a lot of visiting
Thank you Aunt Kim for having so many wonderful new things to play with including this adorable rocking chair that was just Katie's size.
All dressed up for the party



Dianna (aka the girl in the red coat according to Katie) 

Couldn't help but cry during this part of the ceremony.  My younger cousin Konner, giving the first salute to his older brother and now Officer. 
Cunkle Kyler and Konner (a mix of cousins and uncles)
Cousins
My wonderful Grandma Nats (my childhood nickname for her Natalie) with her great granddaughter.  My mom would love this picture.  We definitely missed her during this trip.
I love this picture!  Uncle Rob (mom's other brother) reading to Miss Kt.
It was such a wonderful trip and a big thank you to Janice and Papa and Grandma for helping out so much while I was gone.  As always we couldn't have done it without you! 

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/