Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Enjoying the Moment

As I sit here at the kitchen table at 6:00am with coffee in hand listening to Carly babble I am once again reminded how fast she is growing up.  She woke up in a great mood which is nice because she is teething and finally getting some top teeth.  She is sitting here at the table with me playing with her cereal in a bowl, drinking her milk, and "reading" a magazine.  In other words she is entertaining herself and we are having a wonderful conversation in an otherwise silent house.   Just now she tried to say "milk", "Ozzy", and "outside".  She is eager to learn the words for everything around her so she does a lot of pointing and I do a lot of labeling.  I think it's amazing how children develop language just by hearing it around them.  This moment just made me realize my little one will be like Katie before I know it and there won't be any more quiet mornings like this.  So I am going to enjoy this stage to the fullest and soak it all up.  She is growing up too fast!

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/