Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One of Those Days

I think we have hit the terrible two's at the Garner household.  My sweet, very verbal, and oh so compliant Katie is changing on us.  She has become a very emotional little girl who has a major meltdown over the smallest things.  I don't know if it is because Daylight Savings time totally messed with her internal clock and she has been getting one hour of less of sleep because she has been waking up at 5:30 am.  Or if it is because her new 4 month old sister has been taking up a lot of mommy's attention lately.   Or maybe it is just being almost two and trying to figure out to navigate the world around her.  Whatever the reason, it has been one of those days where I just want a break.  I would love to go for a nice long walk by myself, stop somewhere and get coffee, and maybe even go shopping for a few hours without worrying about if we will get home in time for Carly's next feeding.

I know every mom has days like this so I just keep reminding myself that this is part of motherhood.  Luckily my day improved dramatically when Jeff surprised me by coming home for lunch.  He ate with us and then did all of the dishes which was fabulous.  And the best part of the day was when Katie made Carly laugh.  I was holding Carly in my lap and Katie just started giggling.  Next thing I know Carly busts out laughing too.  Carly has giggled a few times before but we have never heard Carly laugh like that.  In those short two minutes, my mood completely changed and I realized that moments like that are rare and that I need to just soak it all in which is exactly what I did. 


No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/