Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bugs, Bubbles, and Babies

Things have been busy the past few days so this is an update whats been happening in our life. First I will start by telling the story of our pantry bugs. Some of you may remember when my cat Shadow got fleas and how obsessed I was about trying to get rid of them. That will give you an idea of how I reacted when I went to use some flour a few days ago and discovered tiny little bugs crawling on the bag and on the shelf. After throwing the bag away I began a thorough search of the whole cupboard and discovered more of the little creatures! They were so tiny but with a flashlight they could be seen crawling on the white contact paper. I was disgusted and of course did a Google search to try and figure out what they were but all I learned was that there are a lot of pantry pests that can infest your kitchen. So, the cleaning process began and it continued until this afternoon when I think (hope) we have gotten them all. We threw away a lot of food, put a lot of things in the freezer (to kill anything left behind), vacuumed the cupboards, and wiped everything down with bleach. I was so obsessed with this that Katie now comes into the kitchen and says "mommy bugs!" because she thinks I am looking for bugs. I REALLY hope they are gone because if not I am not sure what else to do.

So moving on from bugs to bubbles. Katie had her first bubble bath a few nights ago and to my surprise she didn't like it. She loves her bath and she loves bubbles so I just assumed she would like them both together. Well I was wrong. She cried and didn't even want to get in the tub. Finally I got her in but she wouldn't even sit down let alone let me wash her hair. Needless to say it was the shortest bath ever and I now have a big thing of bubbles that maybe I can use.....if I ever have time to take a bubble bath.

Lastly, our baby girl is getting bigger and changing every day. I go back to work in two weeks and she will join Katie at Sharry's three days a week. In preparation for that I have started giving her a bottle once a day and surprisingly she took it really well. Katie on the other hand went through 3 different types of bottles and would only take it from my friend, Janice and later Sharry. Thank goodness Carly did much better. The other thing I am trying to do is get her to nap in her crib which isn't going well. She prefers her swing but I don't because her head always flops forward about half way through the nap. She sleeps great in her crib at night but will only nap there for about 45 minutes. Who knows....I will just keep trying.

Yesterday for some fun and to get my mind off the bugs we went to the Northwest Washington Fair. It was a lot of fun and Katie really enjoyed seeing all of the animals and getting her first taste of fair food but I think it will be even better in a few years when she can go on the rides. Carly enjoyed it by sleeping through the entire trip. I am terrible at remembering to take pictures on outings so I only got a few. One is of Katie eating a french fry (she refused ice cream if you can believe it) and the other is obviously of Carly sleeping.

1 comment:

J, B, O, J & Z said...

Save the bubbles! I had the same thing happen with Olivia and I tried again a few months later and now she can't get enough of the bubbles. Hang in there - they won't go to waste!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/