Monday, August 30, 2010

2 Months

Carly is 2 months old today and I can hardly believe it! She is such a cuddler (which Katie wasn't) and I love it when she falls asleep in my arms. She smiles all of the time and is very close to giggling. We have the reflux under control (thankfully) but you will never find me without a burp cloth because she is still a spitter. At least she is a happy spitter now. :)

Today was also her 2 month old well child exam. Katie stayed home and played with her Pa Pa while I took Carly. Katie loves her Papa and Mama and it has been really great having them right next door especially times like today. The appointment took about an hour because she not only had to get shots but she also had a skin tag removed. It was on her back and Jeff liked to joke about her having a tail. Well that little tail caused a lot of tears today but luckily she is taking a very long nap this afternoon and will hopefully wake up and feel much better.

My little baby is also not so little. She weighed 13lbs 7oz and is 24in long! I love chunky babies with rolls! Needless to say I don't have to worry about the spitting up or needing to wake her up to eat, she is gaining weight just fine! And speaking of sleeping...she is doing fairly well. I got lucky Saturday night and she slept from 8-5 but last night we were back to our 1:30 am feeding. I am confident though that she will sleep through the night sooner than Katie because now I know that just because she wakes up doesn't mean she needs to eat. Hopefully that 1:30 feeding will progressively get later or just dissapear all together.


Life is good...our girls are healthy and happy, mommy is happy because she goes back to work next week (yes, you read that right. I think I am a better mommy when I work part time), and football season starts Saturday which makes for a very happy daddy!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL chunky little monkey!! You are so blessed, Andrea. Kisses to all my girls and thanks for the call.

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/