Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthday, Anniversary, and Carly

On Monday I turned 31, on Wednesday Jeff and I celebrated 3 years of marriage, and as of today I am 38 weeks pregnant and still only about 1 cm dilated. I was kind of hoping Carly's birthday would be the 8th because then we would have special days on the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th but apparently she didn't agree with me. So I wait and be patient and continue to let my little girl bake in her warm, cozy oven. The good news is that baby girl is 7lbs 7oz according to the ultrasound I had yesterday. My doctor said he is usually within a pound of the birth weight so that was a huge relief to me because I was worried about her being too big and me not being able to have her naturally.

After our appointment yesterday Jeff and I went out for dinner to Bayside Cafe. It's this great little bar/restaurant that looks out over the water. Jeff and a few of his friends from work have become somewhat regulars there and it was fun to hang out and listen to the bar banter. Of course there were some comments made about my current state and luckily I am used to being teased because as I sat down in the booth one of the guys said "you sure you can fit in there?". Yes, I might feel huge but I am not THAT big. Jeff enjoyed a few beers, I drank my water, and we both enjoyed some delicious fish and chips. And thank you to my wonderful friend Janice for taking care of Miss Katie while we were gone. We appreciate you so much!

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/