Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week of Appointments

All three girls in the Garner household had doctors appointments this week and we are doing great. Katie went first on Wednesday with her 15 month well child exam. We went to a new pediatrician and I found out that their office normally doesn't do visits at 15 months but since that was what my previous doctor had recommended they went ahead and saw Lil Miss. I was happy to hear that her cold was just a cold and her eye was a result of the cold and possibly because of the blocked tear duct she struggled with as an infant. She weighed in at 22 lbs 3 oz and was 31 3/4 in. tall which put her in the 95 percentile for height and 50th for weight. And because of that big growth spurt we have finally graduated to size 4 diapers! Everything else at the visit went well. We talked about how Katie will do once Carly is here and a few other basic things like how she is sleeping and eating. I mentioned that she doesn't really eat meat and the doctor asked if she has ever had her iron level checked. She hasn't, so poor baby girl had to get her toe pricked which she didn't like at all. For some reason it was worse than when she gets shots. Come to find out she is low on iron and will need to start taking a supplement as well as eating more iron rich foods. So if anyone has any great ideas on how to get a 1 year old to eat meat let me know.

Thursday Carly and I had our 29 week appointment with Dr. Cook. My glucose screening results were great which was good news because I was a little worried considering how much weight I have gained in the past month or so. He also reassured me that some women just gain more weight than the recommended amount and that is ok. Katie wasn't a huge baby so as long as Carly isn't more than 8 lbs 10oz I am confident I can have her naturally as well. Plus Dr. Cook keeps telling me that the second one usually comes quicker, or at least the pushing part goes faster, which I am all for since I pushed for an hour with Katie. We also had a quick ultra sound and Carly is still Carly and is already head down which is a good sign. We go back in three weeks (so I get back on an even number visit schedule) and then every two weeks after that. I can't believe in 10 weeks or so she will be here and our little family of four will be complete.

29 Weeks

1 comment:

eLiZaBeTh said...

Hi Sweetness...I think you look great! I mish that I could rub your belly and tell that baby that she is so lucky because she has the best momma in the world. I miss you so much!!!!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/