Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our Girls!

The wait is over! CC is a little girl and her name will be Carly. This afternoon while we were waiting for Dr. Cook to come into the room Jeff looked so nervous and he just kept pacing back and forth. I had NEVER seen him so nervous before, not even on our wedding day! I was very anxious as well but I think I was more worried about what his reaction would be. He was really hoping for a boy to carry on the Garner name and to be able to do all those "boy" things with his son. Of course he is happy and thrilled to be having a healthy baby girl, but it is taking him some time for the news to sink in. All evening he has been practicing and repeating things like "me and my girls, daddy and his girls, Katie and Carly". I think he is just trying to wrap his head around being surrounded by three females. I know he will be an amazing daddy to both of his girls and I just keep telling him he can still do a lot of the things he had dreamed about doing with his son.


The rest of the appointment went great and both Carly and I are doing very well. She weighs approximately 12 oz right now and still has the same due date of June 24. I will go back in a month for another routine appointment. After our appointment we went out to dinner at a place called Scotty Browns. It was nice to be able to talk about what the future holds for our little family and just get some quiet alone time to process the big news. We are so blessed to have our little family complete.

1 comment:

J, B, O, J & Z said...

Congratulations to all of you!! How wonderful that they will each have a sister. I love having a sister! They will be Jeff's pride and joy!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/