Monday, September 7, 2009

What Holiday?

Holidays are sometimes forgotten about in this household, especially ones like Labor Day, because Jeff always has to work on them. That was exactly what happened this morning when I set the alarm for 4:30 like every Monday morning and headed to the gym. I should have been tipped off when the corner coffee shop I pass was closed. But it wasn't until I drove by another dark coffee shop and rounded the corner to find an empty parking lot and a closed gym that I remembered what day it was. I was not a happy camper! I mean I know that this is typically a day when families go out of town for one last long weekend or people get together and barbecue, but there are also people like me who still want to work out because it is just like any other day. Needless to say I wasn't happy but came home and did a 30 minute workout in the garage. Of course it wasn't the same but at least I didn't get up early for nothing. Plus, I am showered and ready to go and it isn't even 6:30am yet.

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/