Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quick Update #2

You would think that my life would calm down a little now that we are home from our trip but it hasn't and I have a lot to do during Katie's 30 minute nap this morning. Therefore, this is going to be another quick update.

Carl is doing well and was able to come home from the hospital Monday evening. He is recovering well and getting stronger each day. We are still waiting on his test results to determine if the cancer has spread. Not sure what is taking so long but hopefully we will know more today.

Sylvia caught a germ while visiting Carl in the hospital and started feeling bad Sunday afternoon. By Monday it was getting worse and she kind of had flu like symptoms. Due to her lung disease, germs usually turn into something worse and she ends up in the hospital. Yesterday morning before Jeff went to work he went to check on Carl and Syliva was having a hard time breathing and we decided it would be best to take her to the emergency room. Jeff couldn't call in sick because there were no extra guys to do his route so I called in to work and Katie and I got Sylvia to the ER. Jeff met us there in his garbage truck which was great. When they checked her oxygen levels, we were very thankful we made the decision to take her because she was at 35 and you should be around 100. It was a scary few minutes but they quickly got her hooked up to a breathing machine and got her levels up. She was admitted to the hospital and is doing ok.

Katie and I had a great trip to Denver and my little girl was an amazing traveller. I did all that worrying for nothing because she did great at the airport, on the plane, in a new house, and at the wedding. I couldn't have asked for more! Here are some pictures from our trip and I will write more about it later but for now my to do list awaits me.









No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/