Saturday, August 29, 2009

Staying Positive

This was a very busy week for me at work and that is why I am behind on blogging. This was the last week before our staff return from summer break which meant there was a lot of stuff to do in preparation for the start of the new school year. I normally consider myself a very organized person, especially at work, but this summer I procrastinated a little too long on some projects. Also, working only two days a week made it challenging, but luckily I got everything done and I am feeling ready for the upcoming week.

We also had another Dr's appointment this week regarding Jeff's dad and the news wasn't as good as we had hoped. After finding out the results of the colonoscopy we assumed that after the growth was removed he would start to feel better but unfortuunately, the surgeon doesn't think that Carl's symptoms are completely related to the growth in his colon. Therefore, while it has to be removed we still don't know the cause behind the serious weight loss, fatigue, and weakness. It is very frustrating and we are once again at a loss about where to go from here. Luckily he has been improving a bit and has had the energy to get up and about a little more. This morning he even came over and played with Katie on the floor which was so wonderful to see. His surgery is on the 15th and he will be in the hospital for 5-7 days. His surgeon is going to be talking to his primary care doctor and hopefully they can figure this all out. In the meantime we just wait.

Sweets is doing great and getting close to crawling. She gets on her tummy and reaches out but just doesn't get up on her knees yet. She does get around though by rolling and scooting on her back. The funny thing is I am actually not that anxious for her to crawl because I won't be able to just put her on her blanket and walk away. That sounds bad but it is a lot easier to get things done when I am not just limited to two hour long naps.

And now to end the post with pictures which I know is the best part.

Katie and daddy chillin on the couch


Katie loves paper and always tries to eat my grocery list so I decided to let her play with a magazine.


Which she thouroughly enjoyed


So much so that she started drooling



but then mommy took the magazine away because it was being eaten instead of played with


Sweets also got her first taste of real food tonight! The mashed potatoes were yummy at first but then.....

she wasn't so sure. Oh well, maybe next time.

Goodnight!

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/