Friday, March 20, 2009

Poor Baby

Katie got her 2 month shots yesterday and was not a very happy camper. She of course screamed when they poked her but luckily calmed down within a few minutes and then slept for 3 1/2 hours (thanks to baby Tylenol). I was hoping that she would just sleep a lot but after that long nap daddy and I had a rough evening. She would wake up hungry and I would feed her and then she would just keep crying unless she was being held. Needless to say she was not feeling well and I hoped that after a good nights sleep she would be back to her normal self. At 1:00 am those hopes faded as well at 4:00 and then again at 7:00. Now, at 11:30 she is sleeping again but only after a lot of crying. Mommy doesn't like shot day at all!

I was also hoping to get outside and go for a walk today but the weather isn't cooperating at all. The calendar says it is Spring but here in Bellingham it still feels like winter. I can't wait until Summer when Katie and I go for long walks and have picnics at the park and just get outside. I have been cooped up way too much this winter. I also haven't been able to go to the gym as regularly as I would like so getting back into my pre-baby shape isn't happening very quickly. I am trying to do a DVD here at home but it just isn't the same as working out at the gym. Oh well, I know it will happen eventually and right now I am just focusing on my baby girl who is the sweetest thing.

Developmentally she is starting to recognize my face more especially at 1:00 in the morning when I get her out of her crib. She will be in there just talking away and crack a big smile as soon as I lean over to pick her up. It's soooo cute and makes up for the fact that is so early. She is beginning to find her hands more and likes to suck on them anytime they get near her mouth. We are still working on tummy time and try and do it when we can but Katie doesn't like it and only lasts a few minutes before crying. And on one last note out chunky monkey weighed in at 13lbs 7oz yesterday at the Dr. She has almost outgrown her 3 months clothes and unfortunately didn't even get to wear some of the them. My little girl is growing up and I can't believe how tiny she was just a short few months ago.

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/