Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday Update

Not much new to report from the Garner home. Today we are going in for another weigh in and Jeff and I are predicting that Katie will be at least 10lbs. It is also a beautifully sunny day and is supposed to get up to 50 degrees so we will be going for a walk later this afternoon. I think we will go down by the waterfront because it is one of my favorite places to walk in Bellingham. After training for the 3 Day two years ago I became very familiar with the best trails around town which I think will come in handy for Katie and I this summer as I plan on getting out and about as much as we can. I love being home with Katie but because I am such a routine oriented person it has been hard not having a schedule. Therefore, I find that I am happiest if we get out of the house at least once a day either to the grocery store, a walk around the neighborhood, or even just to the mailbox. Yesterday we were going to go to a baby playgroup that meets every Tuesday but Katie had other plans. She decided to stay awake all morning and be very fussy so we didn't make it this week....hopefully next Tuesday.

Her sleep schedule is still around 3 hours so unfortunately I am still only getting 2-2.5 hours of sleep at a time. Hopefully that will change soon, but in the meantime I am getting used to the midnight and 3-4am feedings. We also have discovered that Katie is a grunter. She is so loud at night after I lay her back down. She squirms, fights her swaddle (even though she would wake up if she were out of it) , and grunts and makes crying noises. It defenitely is making it harder for Jeff to stay asleep (even with his ear plugs) during the feedings and it makes it hard for me to fall back asleep after them. I have discovered that during her last sleep cycle (between 6-8) if I put her in her real crib in her room it makes it a lot easier for me to get that last little amount of sleep that I need to function well. Hopefully this means she will transition easily into her own room in a month or so.

Katie is also having a lot more alert time and she will stay happy and awake for longer periods of time now which makes it fun for me because then I can actually "play" with her. She loves to look at the lights around the house and she will follow our faces and objects that we put in front of her. I also am getting better at using the Baby Bjorn with her in it and as I type this she is fast asleep on my chest. We are also doing more tummy time and she actually likes it for a short period of time.

Well thats about it from Team Garner. I will take more pictures this week and will try to get another video clip on here.

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/