Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Days

This is the third day I have been home because of the snow and I have to admit I am getting a little bored. Jeff doesn't want me to go out on the roads and even though I try and tell him I am a Colorado girl who knows how to drive in the snow he prefers I just stay home. Of course I don't HAVE to go anywhere but I am just a little tired of being at home. I don't think I could ever be a stay at home wife, but a stay at home mom is different because I know my life will be much busier. Luckily Baby Katie is showing no signs of coming any time too soon, because while we could get to the hospital it would be a scary drive. So, I have been home cleaning, getting Katie's room ready, baking, and just doing other random stuff. I have of course spent some time relaxing on the couch watching TV and this picture is me in my favorite propped up position.

Jeff on the other hand has had to work every day this week and it has been a tough one for him. It is very cold and windy so being a garbage man is not the best job to have right now. Luckily Jeff has some great gear and it has helped him tremendously. Today will be the true test because as of right now it is 17 degrees outside and feels like -1 with the wind chill.

Tomorrow we were going to go down to Babies R Us for some last minute shopping but that won't be happening since Seattle got a lot of snow yesterday. Luckily Katie has all of the necessities she needs in case she decides to come into this world before we get down there. I also go back to the Dr. on Wednesday for a baby weight ultrasound. Hopefully she isn't too big!

1 comment:

eLiZaBeTh said...

Oh, how I love you my friend! I miss you so much and just wish that I could come over and bake cookies with you. I love staying home...never thought that you would hear me say that, did you?!? After having Reese and working full time, I treasure days at home when we don't have to go anywhere. Anyway, I called you back tonight, so tag you're it! LOVE YOU!!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/