Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby Shower

I work with a wonderful group of people who over the last 4 years I have lived in Washington have not only been great friends but have been like family to me. Yesterday they hosted a baby shower for Katie and it was a great afternoon with delicious food (yummy sushi, chocolate cake, and cheesecake to just name a few), fun baby games, and an amazing group of friends. As I was making the cold drive home in the dark I kept thinking how blessed I have been since moving here and how God seemed to know what He was doing from the moment he planted the seed in my heart to move to Bellingham.

I first arrived in Bellingham in September and by October I had found my own studio apartment, had gotten my job with Head Start doing the same thing I had done in Denver, and had met some wonderful friends who continually encouraged me to not give up. Then 2 years later when I least expected it, I met the love of my life and less than 2 years later we had beautiful baby girl on the way.

I truly believe God has a plan for everyone's life and He always brings just the right people into your life when you need them the most. The people I work with have been so supportive of me and have seen me go through many challenges and I wouldn't be where I am today without their kindness and encouragment. Thank you so much to Becky, Cinthya, Maryann, Wenda, and all of the Head Start team!


I also received a very unexpected gift that was a complete surprise and of course brought tears to my eyes

Grandma Sharon, who lives in Denver and was one of my mom's best friends, made Katie a beautiful baby blanket that I know she will just love. Sharon thank you so much for making this day even more special!



Katie will be one adorable little girl with all of the cute clothes she received.

The winners of the "Guess the Size of the Baby Belly" posing with the belly.


Thanks again to everyone for making this day so special!

1 comment:

eLiZaBeTh said...

Oh, I wish that I could've been there:( You look great!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/