Thursday, November 20, 2008

Whistler Day 2 and 3

We are home from our wonderful trip to Whistler! We had a great time even though the place was a ghost town. Mostly the only people wondering around the village were the employees and a few other locals. While it was very relaxing it made both of us eager to go skiing there someday. Unfortunately they didn't have any snow yet so there were very few things to do but I knew that when I made the reservations. Mostly we wanted to go somewhere close but yet still get away from home and this trip was just that.

On Tuesday we walked around and wondered through the shops. We had lunch at a delicious Mongolian grill and then we were planning on going to the animal shelter where you can drop in and walk a dog, but when we got there we found out there weren't any dogs to walk. So we headed back to our room to take a nap before we went out to dinner. However, those plans were interrupted when I got the worst bloody nose I have ever had. I am not sure why it was so bad but after an hour of bleeding we were both starting to get worried. I don't know if it had to do with the pregnancy, altitude, or the antibiotics I was taking for the sinus infection I have but it was a little scary and we were starting to think we would be visiting the Whistler ER. Luckily it stopped but we stayed close to the hotel for dinner that night.

Yesterday we had a lazy morning before checking out and heading back to Bham. It is a gorgeous drive to Whistler and on the way home we stopped at a beautiful water fall to take some pictures. The last stop before crossing the border again was Ikea. I love Ikea and for those of you who have never been there, think of a huge warehouse type store (bigger than Costco) filled with sample rooms of all sorts of home stuff. I was hoping we would find some stuff for Baby Katie's room. Jeff was a trooper and wondered all through the store with me and in the end we left with a little changing table and some lighting for her room.

Below are some more pictures from our little getaway. The next trip we go on we will be a family of three!



No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/