Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

This Thanksgiving holiday Jeff and I are thankful for so many things....each other, our little girl, our family, our wonderful home, and our great friends. This year God has given us so many wonderful blessings and we are incredibly grateful for all of them. Sometimes I worry too much about the future and the "what if's" but then with the help of my husband and my faith I have to remember to just take life one day at a time and live for the moment.

This holiday season I know I am going to miss my mom more than usual but I just have to remind myself that she is always with me. I also know she is looking down from heaven and crying tears of joy because her little girl has everything she had hoped for in life. Growing up I never thought my family would change....I just assumed like most kids, that my parents would stay together forever and I would grow up and someday come home for the holidays to the house I grew up in with my husband and children. Well when that all changed 10 years ago I learned some major life lessons and one of those was how important extended family is. I wouldn't be where I am today without the support of my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and my many second moms who have encouraged and guided me every step of the way. Now, I can add to that list because my family has grown to include my mother and father in law who have welcomed me into their lives with open arms.

This year we spent Thanksgiving at their house (which is so conveniently right next door) and enjoyed a delicious dinner. I even got to meet some more of Jeff's family because his cousin and second cousin joined us as well. It was a very enjoyable holiday and thanks to his mom I didn't even have to cook much. I can't wait for next year though when the Garner's can celebrate Baby Katie's first Turkey Day!











No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/