Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some Days

Some days I really struggle with being a part time stay at home mom and yesterday was one of those days.  While I love my schedule of working three days and getting to stay home with the girls two days a week, there are times when I find myself looking forward to the work days.  And admitting that makes me feel so guilty because I KNOW I have a wonderful schedule with the best of both worlds.  There are just days (like yesterday) where I feel like our routine is so boring and mundane.  As soon as the girls wake up the cycle begins with diaper changes, one of five mealtimes, kitchen clean up, trying to console an emotional toddler during one of her many meltdowns, soothing a tired baby, and the list goes on and on with many things repeated.   Of course, I know that is part of motherhood but I think the lesson I am learning is that we need to get out more.  I need to stop making excuses and avoiding outings because of how much work it is and just do it!  Now that Carly is older it IS easier to take them both places and I always feel better afterward.  So my goal today is to go somewhere.  Of course this winter weather limits our choices, but I think we will go to the library and let Katie check out some new books. 

1 comment:

Jill (& Bob) said...

I have to say, for me the key to sanity is making sure we get out of the house every single day. It most definitely feels like a chore to get out of the house sometimes, but once we get to playdates or whatever, it is so worth it! If you don't have a playgroup, I highly recommend finding one...without it, I'm certain I'd be in the nut house (and maybe my kids too)!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/