Thursday, February 24, 2011

So Close

Carly is so close to crawling.  She gets up on all fours and gets that determined look in her eyes and I think this is going to be the day.  But then she plops down on her tummy and rolls to wherever she wants to go.  She wants to play with big sister so badly so I think that is a big motivating factor.  She is also very close to pulling herself up on things which is surprising me.  She can pull up to her knees but can't quite get all the way up to her feet.  I think my little peanut is going to be mobile much sooner than Katie was.  Here is just one time of many yesterday that she was testing her new skills.

reaching....

almost there, if only I could get on my feet.....
oh well, I'll just chew on the corner instead....

hmmm, now how do I get down?    



It's so fun seeing her get excited to move and keep up with her big sister.  She doesn't like her exersaucer much these days because she would rather be on the floor practicing her new skills.  And when she is on the floor Katie is more than willing to bring her toys and play with her.  Of course that leads to learning about sharing which Katie doesn't particularly want to do but she is getting there.


Carly has also started doing this thing now where she puts her arms like she is telling you "I am soooooo big".  


And then there is her very serious face....

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/