Thursday, March 11, 2010

Growing Up

I am at a loss for things to talk about in this post so I am just going to keep it simple. I love seeing my baby girl growing up right before my eyes. Each day I see more growth in her language, motor skills, independence, and her personality. It's amazing how fast little ones at this age learn new skills. She is talking all of the time and each day we pick up new words like corn, phone, and tree. She is also really starting to put the sign together with the word which I love. Now when it is time to go take a bath, I tell her "let's go take a bath" and she gets up and starts walking to the bathroom while making the sign for bath. I love it!

She is even eating more like a big girl now and will use a spoon correctly after I put the food on it. She also takes bites out of sandwiches which I accidentally discovered when we were at the Home and Garden Show this past weekend and I had to feed her in the stroller. I never knew baby's gums were so tough! I am sure it helps to have two very sharp bottom teeth as well.

And just yesterday when I was taking some pictures of her playing I noticed how she is looking more like a toddler instead of a baby. She is also starting to act more like one too especially when she gets mad when you tell her "no". It's so hard for Jeff and I not to laugh when she just melts to the floor crying because I wouldn't let her go in the pantry or out the garage door. I am afraid we are going to have one strong willed little girl on our hands.

Here are some pictures I took yesterday of her playing. Enjoy!





2 comments:

eLiZaBeTh said...

I think the wierdest/most amazing part is that as they gets older, you still see traces of the baby that they once were. Every so often & especially when Reese is sleeping, she will look just like she did when she was a baby. Makes me sad for an instant, but then I remember that part of my job is to give her roots & wings. Love you!

Janelle said...

I think it is these little snippets in time type posts prove to be the most poignant to look back on. BTW- love your background.

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/