Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Positive Thoughts Needed

The next couple of days will be busy for us as my father in law goes in for surgery this morning and Katie and I leave for Denver tomorrow. Carl will be having about a foot of his colon removed and hopefully they won't find any cancer. We are praying that everything goes well and he has a quick recovery. He will be in the hospital for 5-7 days and hopefully, there won't be any infection or complications to deal with. Jeff took today off so he could be with his dad and I am going to go up to the hospital later this afternoon. My friend, Janice will be watching Lil Miss because the last thing I need is for her to get sick right before we get on a plane and are away from home.

Which means tomorrow is the big day...Katie's first airplane ride. I am still very nervous about the whole day but I just keep reminding myself that no matter how it goes, I will survive and that a generous glass of wine will be waiting for me at Sharon and Don's house in Denver (right, Sharon?). I also think I am very prepared with a variety of finger food snacks, three new toys that Katie has never seen before, and one new book. Packing my carry on was easy since there is no need for reading material, mp3 player, magazines, or snacks for me. I will have plenty to do keeping an almost 9 month old entertained in my lap for 3 hours.

We will come home on Monday and the funny thing is you would think I would be more nervous about how she will do sleeping in a new environment, meeting new people, and just being away from home in general....but no, all I can think about is our travel day tomorrow. Once we are there I think everything will be great. I won't be blogging while I am gone but I will make sure to post lots of pictures when we get home. Bon Voyage!

No comments:

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/