Sunday, July 5, 2009

First Fourth

Katie enjoyed her first fourth of July this weekend and even slept through all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood (I was very surprised). Our day started off by going up to Blaine, Washington where we walked around a car show and briefly watched a parade. Jeff's dad joined us and he really enjoyed looking at all of the old cars. After that we headed back to Bellingham to the July 4th Tea Party. Our little Republican in training was such a trooper and wasn't even phased by all of the honking horns going by. This was the second tea party in Bellingham and was a place for anyone who believes in less taxes and less government to express their opinions. The first one was on April 15th and while this one wasn't quite as big, there were still over 800 people there. After those two big events we had one tired baby on our hands who immediately fell asleep in the car. Jeff completed our fourth by firing up the smoker and making some yummy chicken drumsticks and pork tenderloin. We even stayed up late and watched the Seattle fireworks on TV. Of course it isn't the same as being there in person but come on, it's the best us new parents can do with a 6 month old.







Katie has her 6 month old appointment tomorrow and I can't believe she is already a half year old. This is the first appointment I just have a short list of questions so I must be "getting" this mommy thing. Mostly, I have concerns about starting solid foods. So far she has just had rice cereal and sweet potatoes. The past two days though she has not been a big fan of the rice cereal so I think I am going to try oatmeal. I also don't think the rice cereal is agreeing with her little system since our little "poop-a-lot" has not pooped in 4 days. I am starting to worry but luckily it doesn't seem to be phasing her much.


1 comment:

eLiZaBeTh said...

oh my gosh, those last two pictures made me laugh out loud! She is hilarious, I can tell. Give her a big squeeze from me and tell her that I can't wait to meet her!

 
design by http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/